The CPQ’s of Closing a Deal // Configure Price Quote // CPQ // News // Salesforce // Jan 08 2018
You’ve generated interest through your marketing efforts. You’ve qualified your leads or prospective customers. You’ve confirmed that your products or services solve the prospective customer’s problems or needs. Now what?
This is where Salesforce CPQ enters the picture.
CPQ stands for Configure Price Quote. It is used to identify the right product mix, at the right price, and present them to your prospective customers in a stylized proposal. The tool is an add-on to Salesforce Sales Cloud to speed up the proposal process while preventing potentially costly errors in pricing your solutions. Let’s look at each component in further detail to determine if you are ready to add CPQ to your sales process.
“I’d like a grilled chicken burrito on whole wheat, with white rice, black beans, pico de gallo, extra cheese, lettuce, sour cream and obviously guacamole.”
Today, we as consumers are becoming increasingly accustomed to ordering exactly what we want. Many of us, without question, enter a restaurant and expect to make special requests to our orders. We have perfected our burrito or sub sandwiches to be exactly how we want them.
This custom configuration is bleeding into every organization. Do your offerings allow for advanced configurations to ensure customer satisfaction? If not, it may be a good time to start doing so, before your competitors do.
Salesforce CPQ was built precisely for this.
- You can organize your products to be bundled precisely to meet your customer’s needs.
- You can set up rules to prevent the combinations that should never be made
- Burritos can only have one choice of protein.
- You can create rules to automatically include additional products.
- Every order of Chips and Salsa must include Chips.
- You can set up processes to guide your teams through this process to ensure they are selecting the right products and asking the right questions. Also known as guided selling.
The possibilities provided through product configuration can be complex, yet Salesforce CPQ makes it easy and straight forward.
“Currently we are offering buy one burrito get one free, and you are a platinum member on our rewards program. I see you also have a coupon for an additional 10% off.”
As we can see from above, pricing and discounting can be made complex very easy. What is the final price for the customer based on current deals, customer level, and additional discounts?
Easily the most complex part of quoting is to ensure you are providing the customer the correct pricing based on what they have selected. Luckily this potentially complex process has been made easy with Salesforce CPQ.
The tool allows you to precisely price your products on a number of factors.
- You can set discounts or price blocks based on quantity.
- You can set discounts based on the number of years they are contracting for.
- You can set discounts based on the type of customer you are quoting.
- You can set discounts based on the combination of products being quoted.
- You can set discounts based on the products the customer bought in the past.
- You can allow your users to set discounts as they see fit either to an individual product or the entire quote.
- You can set the price of the products to be based of margins.
This is just a sub set of the ways you can control pricing for your products. There are additional ways to set the pricing to ensure you sharing the correct pricing.
In addition to just setting the pricing, Salesforce CPQ allows for approval processes to be created. This can be very helpful to ensure that your finance team is okay with the final discounts before they are presented to the customer.
Now that you have the right products and services selected at the right price. It is time to present the proposal to the prospective customer. Salesforce CPQ includes a powerful document template generator so you can create the quote with a click of button.
This tool allows the quote template includes a number of features so what you provide to your customer is exactly what you want:
- Branding options to match your organizations look and feel
- Quote terms and conditions to be displayed based on the products choose or quote details.
- Additional documents to be included such as collateral or warranties.
- Present products in groups or bundles.
- Integration to e-signature tools to speed up the quoting process even more.
CPQ is a highly customizable tool but can drastically speed up and automate your quoting process. If you think your quoting process is too complex for your current system, or is taking you too long to provide pricing to your prospective customers, give us a call to discuss whether CPQ can help you out. Tim Dusek, Partner and Chief Sales & Marketing Officer is ready to help you supercharge your CPQ. Get in touch at (404) 822-5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.